At KIPP DC we believe that family engagement is critical to academic achievement, and we encourage all families to play an active role in their students’ education. We offer numerous ways to engage your student, other KIPP DC families, teachers, and staff.
KIPParents of Purpose:
KIPParents of Purpose are a committed cohort of families, interested in working alongside the Associate Director of Family Engagement to volunteer and advocate on behalf of our students and schools. We have parents across our six campuses that have testified, written letters, canvassed and attended ANC meetings on behalf of our schools. For more information, please sign up for our regular emails and events.
Man The Block:
KIPP DC participates in the quarterly Man the Block Safe Passage Program to bring about awareness, advocacy, and participation around Safe Passage for all students. KIPP DC staff, parents, community partners and neighbors mobilize to show our young people that we care about their safety and future. For more information, please sign up for our regular emails and events.
Parents As Partners/KIPP Parent Organizations:
Across our network, various schools have teacher and parent partner organizations. These groups focus on increasing:
- School and family collaboration
- Volunteerism in the classroom, school, and Campus
- Commitment to children’s educational success
- School beautification
- School events and field trips
If you are interested in participating in your school’s organization, please contact your school’s Office Manager or Principal.
If you have any additional questions regarding health forms, school menus, or any other information below, please contact your KIPP DC school.
Handbooks, Policies, and LEA Wellness Plans
- KIPP DC PreK3-8 Handbook 2016-17
- KIPP DC PreK3-8 Handbook 2016 -17 (en español)
- KIPP DC College Preparatory Handbook 2016-17
- KIPP DC College Preparatory Handbook 2016 -17 (en español)
- KIPP DC PreK3-8 Attendance Policy 2016-17
- KIPP DC Formal Complaint Form
- Healthy Schools Policy PDF
- KIPP DC Local Wellness Policy
- Complaint Procedures for Federal Programs
- KIPP DC Letter to Families on Medication Access
- 1 Health Forms Checklist
- 2A DC Universal HC Instructions_2014-15
- 2B DC Universal Health Certificate_2014-15
- 3 Oral Health Certificate_2014-15
- 4 HPV Opt-Out 2014-2015
- 5A Instructions for Medication Authorization
- 5B KIPP DC Administration of Medication Form 14-15
- 5C Anaphylaxis Action Plan
- 5D Asthma Action Plan
- 2017-18 School Calendar (KIPP DC College Prep)
- 2017-18 School Calendar (PreK3 – 8th Grade)
- Transportation Program: Kids Ride Free on Rail The Kids Ride Free on Rail program provides District of Columbia Public School (DCPS) and public charter school (PCS) students with a free $100 monthly Metrorail benefit. This program increases the transportation options available to students to get to and from school safely and efficiently. Students may sign-up for the program online at dconecard.dc.gov.