PNC Grow Up Great Day comes to KIPP DC’s Connect Academy
On April 4, PNC took an ordinary Tuesday and made it extraordinary by hosting their first-ever PNC Grow Up Great GREAT DAY at Connect Academy! The PNC Grow up Great program is a PNC-lead initiative to help young children prepare for school arts through awarding grants, providing resources for educators and families, and partnering with organizations like the creators of Sesame Street® and the National Head Start Association.
PNC partnered with several local non-profit organizations to make this an amazing event for our KIPPsters! Some of the activities included:
- Daniel the Tiger story time with PNC Regional President Richard Bynum and PNC executives Dave Gatling and David Smith.
- Obstacle course with the PNC Wellness team.
- Wolf Trap Master Teaching Artist Terlene Terry-Todd led students in interactive song and creative dance experiences that encouraged expression and imagination.
- Real School Gardens led an engaging group activity about gardens and items commonly found in nature.
- The Smithsonian Museums guided imaginative exploration of the types of items found in our Smithsonian museums, including everything from the puppets that live at the National Museum of American History to Cookie Monster and Elmo and Bert and Ernie! Students created their own colorful characters and special crowns.
We are proud to have supporters like PNC that are committed to supporting the best educational outcomes for our KIPP DC students.