KIPP DC Public Information
As a publicly funded institution, KIPP DC Public Charter Schools is accountable to citizens of the District of Columbia through the D.C. Public Charter School Board’s oversight of our operations. The Board’s performance management framework holds our schools accountable to developing student’s knowledge, skills, and confidence to become Washington, DC’s next generation of leaders.
In accordance with the Board’s transparency standards, below are key documents covering the operations of KIPP DC:
- KIPP DC Board of Directors Information
- Current Year KIPP DC Board Meeting Schedule & Open-Meeting Materials
- Past KIPP DC Board Minutes
- KIPP DC Legacy College Preparatory Course Offerings
- KIPP DC College Preparatory Course Offerings
- KIPP DC High School Graduation Requirements & Credit Recovery Policy
- KIPP DC Academic Calendar
- KIPP DC Student & Family Policies
- KIPP DC Employee Policies
- KIPP DC 990
- KIPP DC At-Risk Funding Report
- KIPP DC Executive Salaries
- KIPP DC Annual Report
- KIPP DC Open Meeting & Transparency Policy
- KIPP DC Enrollment Forms & Process
- 2020-21 Continuous Education Plan
- 2021-22 Continuous Education Plan
- 2022-23 Continuous Education Plan
- 2022-23 Health & Safety Plan
- 2023-24 Continuous Education Plan
- 2023-24 Continuous Education Plan (Updated as of 1/28/2023)
- 2023-24 Title 1 Schoolwide Plan
- Home and Hospital Instruction Policy
- Key Staff Contact Information:
- Executive Leadership Team
- Board of Directors
- Title IX coordinator – Ashley Ogbonna, Director of Student Policy
- McKinney-Vento Homeless coordinator – Melissa Wade, Director of Mental Health
- Special Education coordinator – Dana Lourie, Managing Director, Student Support Services
Reach out to KIPP DC’s communications team with additional questions.
- You do not have to give us any personal information to visit this web site.
- We may collect and store statistics and other information about the online activities of our visitors on an aggregated, collective basis. But, in these instances, we do not obtain personally identifiable information about you. We may use aggregated information to operate and enhance our site and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- If you write in a comment, we ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, and area of interest, but no other information, unless you choose to do so. In some cases, we may use your personal information to provide information back to you.
- KIPP DC will not sell your personally identifiable information. KIPP DC may share the information, including your comments, with third parties to further the mission and purposes of KIPP DC. However, if you indicate that you would like your personal information or comments kept confidential, then we will do so. Text messaging opt-in data and consent will not be shared with any third party.
- By using this web site, you agree to the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, please do not access or use this web site. This policy is subject to change from time to time at KIPP DC’s discretion; the current policy will be posted here. Please re-check this link accordingly. Finally, please note that KIPP DC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites that may link to this site, or to which this site may link.
Student Recruitment Mobile Messaging Terms & Conditions
For families engaging with KIPP DC Public Schools through the My School DC application process, KIPP DC may send you four text messages per month on average. For help, text HELP or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Text STOP to opt-out of text messages. Message and data rates may apply. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
KIPP DC is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination. As an equal opportunity employer, KIPP DC complies with all applicable federal and DC anti-discrimination laws. KIPP DC does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis or protected class including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy, familial responsibilities, personal appearance, source of income, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal or DC law. This policy governs all aspects of employment at KIPP DC, including recruitment, hiring, placement, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 866/632-9992 (voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800/877-8339; or 800/845-6136 (Spanish). Students, parents and/or guardians having inquiries concerning KIPP DC compliance with Section 504, ADA, Title VI, Title IX, the Age Act, and/or D.C. Human Rights Act as they apply to students, employees or third parties or who wish to file a complaint regarding such compliance should contact: Sarah Jane Foreman, General Counsel who has been designated by KIPP DC to coordinate its efforts to comply with the regulations implementing Section 504, ADA, Title VI, Title IX, the Age Act, and the D.C. Human Rights Act.
Health Schools Act – Lead Testing Results
Below are campus by campus results posted in accordance with the Healthy Schools Act of 2010.
- KIPP DC Benning Campus Testing Results
- KIPP DC College Preparatory Testing Results
- KIPP DC Douglass Campus Testing Results
- KIPP DC Shaw Campus Testing Results
- KIPP DC Smilow Campus Testing Results
- KIPP DC Wheeler Campus Testing Results
- KIPP DC Webb Campus Testing Results
National School Lunch Program
KIPP DC is participating in the District of Columbia’s National School Breakfast, Lunch ,and Snack Program. The program follows USDA meal pattern requirements, rules and regulations. Please visit our meals page for more information.