The backbone of KIPP DC’s success is a team of exceptionally talented and diverse teachers and leaders. United by the belief that an excellent transforms lives, this team has helped KIPP DC become the highest performing school system in the District of Columbia
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Meet all state and federal guidelines in order to be “Highly Qualified”, which includes a bachelor’s degree and passing the appropriate Praxis exam(s) (Required)
- Commitment to working with students from educationally underserved communities (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in content area (Preferred)
- Experience/strength in content area (Preferred)
- At least two years of teaching experience in a public school (Preferred)
- Experience teaching in a predominantly African-American environment (Preferred)
- Commitment – We strongly believe that all students can and will succeed. Our staff operates each day with this belief at the forefront. We are looking for teachers who align to this unwavering commitment.
- Growth Mindset – A tenet of our beliefs is that we can constantly improve. Feedback is an important part of our coaching cycle and all members of our team strive to improve through reflectiveness and professional growth.
- Teaching Knowledge – Throughout the interview process, we evaluate prospective teachers’ instructional knowledge and commitment to building a classroom community. Sharing your content knowledge, successful instructional techniques, as well as strategies for building a strong classroom culture will be integral to your application.
- Team & Family – We are only as strong as our collective team. We celebrate, collaborate and lift each other up. We look for candidates dedicated to sharing ideas and building relationships with their colleagues.