KIPP DC participates in My School DC, a common application for all D.C. public schools. Create a My School DC account. The lottery for the 2017-18 school year has closed. To learn more about a post-lottery application and be added to KIPP DC’s wait list visit My School DC.
Important Dates for New Families and Students:
- March 31, 2017: Families will be notified about the status of their application by e-mail, mail, and the My School DC website.
- April 3 – May 1, 2017: Families will be required to complete enrollment paperwork in-person at their school to secure their spot. Visit any school day between 9:30 am – 3:00 pm. If these times do no work with your schedule please make alternative arrangements with your school. Visit our Enrollment FAQ page to learn more about the documents needed to enroll at KIPP DC.
- April 13th: Welcome Dinner for KIPP DC College Prep’s Class of 2021 will be held at 6:00 pm in the KCP cafeteria. New high school families will receive more information about their student’s transition to high school, submit enrollment forms, and prove D.C. residency.
Important Dates for Returning Families and Students:
- April 3 – June 1, 2017: Current KIPP DC families will be required to verify their D.C. residency in-person at their school to re-enroll for 2017-18 school year. Visit our Enrollment FAQ page to learn more about re-enrolling at KIPP DC.
Visit a KIPP DC Open House:
- Wednesday, April 26 (8:30 – 9:30 am)
KIPP DC schools are free, open-enrollment, public schools for District of Columbia children who meet our age requirements. If the number of applications exceeds the number of spaces available, a lottery is held to determine the order in which students are offered seats. Per the District of Columbia School Reform Act, siblings of current KIPP DC students receive preference in the lottery should they apply during the open enrollment period. Students applying after the lottery will be added to the wait list on a first-come-first-served basis.
For more information visit Enrollment FAQ.